Question How to change default installation drive location of applications

Dec 29, 2020
My windows is installed in a 128GB SSD and now it only has 40GB space left because I didn't notice that applications are saved there by default when you don't have the option to change the save location even though I already changed where new content is saved in storage settings to drive D for everything. How do I change the installation drive location to drive D

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
My windows is installed in a 128GB SSD and now it only has 40GB space left because I didn't notice that applications are saved there by default when you don't have the option to change the save location even though I already changed where new content is saved in storage settings to drive D for everything. How do I change the installation drive location to drive D
For apps from teh 'store', the above works.

For regular applications, do it when things are installed.
Instead of just accepting the Default, select Custom or Advanced, and you select where it gets installed.

You cannot force 'everything' to be installed on the D. Many thing need to be on the C drive.
And if you follow any of the exceeding dumb registry edit procedures for this, you WILL break the OS. To the point of not being able to get back into the Registry to undo that.

ASK THE COMMUNITY