How to change monitor Hrtz from 60 to 144

Feb 28, 2018
Hey there
I have question how do I change the hertz on my monitor from 60 to 144 i have a asus gtx 1070 oc edition and an Acer GN246HL monitor I want to be able to change my monitor to 144hz so my games can be 144 too

Solution
1st - monitor has to be connected with DVI dual link cable or Display Port cable to achieve 144Hz (no adapters in the middle or this complicates things).
2nd - you change monitor Hz in display driver properties or in Nvidia control panel (not in monitor OSD).

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
there should be a setting in the OSD menu that can change this. But just because your monitor can display up to 144 frames per second doesn't mean that you are going to get 144 frames per second in your games unless you are playing at more medium settings with newer titles at 1080p

Feb 28, 2018

my monitor is a 144hz monitor and i play the games on ultra settings 1080p, and where is the OSD menu

Feb 28, 2018

okay i brought that up where exactly is the setting to adjust

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
also, with a gtx 1070 even if it is overclocked to 2Ghz or more will not get 144 fps on ultra settings unless the game is like 5 years old. you'll be lucky to get 100 fps on ultra. I have an strix 1070 as well (not the OC version) and I have it overclocked to 2Ghz and I get 70-80fps at 1080p with very high preset (one step below ultra) in ghost recon wildlands. some other games with these settings I can get up to 100 but nowhere near 144.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

quick question. what are you using to connect to the monitor? HDMI or DVI?
You won't get more than 60Hz with HDMI. You need DVI to get 144Hz and set the monitor to 2D mode in the settings

1st - monitor has to be connected with DVI dual link cable or Display Port cable to achieve 144Hz (no adapters in the middle or this complicates things).
2nd - you change monitor Hz in display driver properties or in Nvidia control panel (not in monitor OSD).

Solution
Feb 28, 2018

my gpu is way higher in Ghz i easily get 100 + with games on ultra

Feb 28, 2018

how can i get to the display driver properties

Use Nvidia Control Panel. Going via driver properties is slightly different depending on used Windows version.
CustomRes_1.png

TRENDING THREADS