[SOLVED] How to Change Movies to 60FPS?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I have a TV that makes most things 60FPS including movies that are shot in 24 FPS.

I have a very high end PC and I was wondering if it's possible to make it so the movies I watch are in 60 FPS.

I have TOPAZ VIDEO, and I could render the movie in 60 FPS but that takes hours to go frame by frame for a movie.

Any software that does this LIVE on the go?

Lutfij

Titan
I have a very high end PC and I was wondering if it's possible to make it so the movies I watch are in 60 FPS.
I have TOPAZ VIDEO, and I could render the movie in 60 FPS but that takes hours to go frame by frame for a movie.

If you have a very high end system, it shouldn't take you hours to render.

What are the specs to your build, mind you?

Simple answer, if your high end system is struggling to render then it's going to be worse if you're demanding on-the-fly rendering.

I have a TV that makes most things 60FPS including movies that are shot in 24 FPS.

Tell us what software you're currently using to play your movies. There are programs like Media Player Classic Home Cinema where in the Options, Full Screen menu, there is a autochange translation table that can be set to output all types of FPS to 60Hz display rate. Perhaps that would achieve what you want. Perhaps the program you're currently using can do this but its just buried in some menu. But if the TV is already performing the conversion perhaps additional software isn't necessary.

if your high end system contains RTX GPU, then nvidia has hardware support for motion interpolation on turing and ampere cards, nvidia calls it nvidia optical flow
it was mainly added for enhancing VR experience with oculus, but it can be used for movies aswell

TRENDING THREADS