How to change my monitor from 720p to 1080p (rookie question)

SerbianGuy211

Honorable
Jul 27, 2016
When I was about to start GTA V it told me that my monitor is at 720p 60hz and that recommended is 1080p 60hz. How do i change the screen to 1080p? What do i press/click/where do i enter?

Solution
ok, then, from gta press the pause menu, while gaming it

on the settings tab select graphics

there you will see the resolution, should be 1280x720, so click on the little arrows on the right of that number untill you see 1920x1080

the game will ask you permission to apply those settings, it might ask you to restart the game, accept it

when it restarts see the resolution, if it looks sharper than the lower resolutiuon, that was all

if you see the game now runs slower, you will have to play with graphics settigns and game effects, on the same menu you changed resolution

this part doesn't depend on them onitor, it depends on the gpu and your cpu

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
what monitor do you have?

if it can do it, we can guide you, but if the monitor can't do that resolution, 1080p, it will be necesary to buy another monitor

720p is 1280x720 pixels

1080p is 1920x1080 pixels

if you use that resolution, your hardware, gpu and cpu must support it, 1080p is almost 4 times the 720p resolution so your pc must be decent for that

please share with us the details of your pc, windows version, monitor model and gpu you have there

manddy123

Admirable
In addition to the comment above.

There are two options to change that, both 'different' from each other.

The windows resolution ( Whatever thing you do with your monitor while not in gaming ) and the game resolution ( The resolution the game will be played on )

To change windows res. go to your Desktop, press right mouse button and then go to Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Put the Recommended one.
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-change-screen-resolution-in-windows-10/

And in game, go to your game settings, then probably in Video and look for screen resolution. There, match the res. you put in the Windows option.

The warning should go away if done right.

SerbianGuy211

Honorable
Jul 27, 2016

My resolution is 1920x1080
I have an LG 23.5 inch, here is the link of the product
http://emmi.rs/monitor-monitor-235-lg-24m38a-b-led.11.html?productId=56016

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
ok, then, from gta press the pause menu, while gaming it

on the settings tab select graphics

there you will see the resolution, should be 1280x720, so click on the little arrows on the right of that number untill you see 1920x1080

the game will ask you permission to apply those settings, it might ask you to restart the game, accept it

when it restarts see the resolution, if it looks sharper than the lower resolutiuon, that was all

if you see the game now runs slower, you will have to play with graphics settigns and game effects, on the same menu you changed resolution

this part doesn't depend on them onitor, it depends on the gpu and your cpu

Solution

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
glad to help

if you are unsure of if the game is running slower or at decent speeds as you would like it to play it, you can install a app called fraps

it will give you a number on the screen, frames per second, this will let you know if a setting is really bad or not much important when customizing the resolution and image quality of the game

http://www.fraps.com/