How to change system image on control panel.

mkculpe

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I have an HP TouchSmart All in One 9100. When clicking on control panel, system & securities, and then system, it shows a Dell image on the right side of the screen. How do I change this to HP? Thank you.

Solution
If you have the original activation key (printed on the PC somewhere), you didn't need to buy anything.

You could have downloaded the official ISO file, burned to a DVD, installed, and activated with your original activation key.

mkculpe

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

I ordered a W7 Home Premium 64 bit installation disc off ebay and I received it with SP1 on it but it was a Dell disc. I have activated W7 with Microsoft but I can't change the image. My hard drive had gone out so I needed to re-install Windows.

USAFRet

Titan

Well...there's your problem.
You installed an OS meant for a Dell. And it is most likely a quasi-illegal Dell disk.

I'm pretty sure, printed on the disk, it says "To be distributed only with a Dell PC" (or words to that effect)

USAFRet

Titan
If you have the original activation key (printed on the PC somewhere), you didn't need to buy anything.

You could have downloaded the official ISO file, burned to a DVD, installed, and activated with your original activation key.

Solution

mkculpe

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

You are correct. I am contacting the seller and will be taking care of that. But this still does not answer my question of how to change the image. I have change the image on a Compaq before that had HP on it but do not remember how.