Question How to change the key to enter bios? Key stuck so bios boots automatically.

Okeanos281

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
If my keyboard is plugged, whenever i start the computer the bios boots up. I tried "Save & Exit" but it still boots bios. It does'nt happen if my keyboard is not plugged. There is no physical key stuck on my keyboard. I tried plugging my keyboard into USB 3.0 but nothing changed. I just wanna change the key to enter bios but dont know how to. If anyone knows can you please tell me?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
If my keyboard is plugged, whenever i start the computer the bios boots up. I tried "Save & Exit" but it still boots bios. It does'nt happen if my keyboard is not plugged. There is no physical key stuck on my keyboard. I tried plugging my keyboard into USB 3.0 but nothing changed. I just wanna change the key to enter bios but dont know how to. If anyone knows can you please tell me?

Please disable fast boot on Advance > Boot. Also, set your HDD as primary booting device then save any changes.

Can't remember what it is but you have to tweak something in the bios. If I remember it right, it's the fast boot or something.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
When you're just typing on your computer, does it sometimes seem to delete a letter or something? Bios is usually eneters through the delete key, so even it it doesn't look stuck, it could have some sort of short or something that makes your pc think you are pressing it. I would lean towards this being a faulty keyboard.

Okeanos281

Prominent
Jan 16, 2020
When you're just typing on your computer, does it sometimes seem to delete a letter or something? Bios is usually eneters through the delete key, so even it it doesn't look stuck, it could have some sort of short or something that makes your pc think you are pressing it. I would lean towards this being a faulty keyboard.
No nothing unusual happens when im typing. I'm also thinking it's a faulty keyboard.
Just when the keyboard is plugged in? If yes, it's definitely a keyboard issue. I have one pressing buttons simultaneously without any human input. Buy a new one or borrow from someone just to make sure.
This never happened on my old keyboard. But I bought this keyboard today and this is what happened. I'm probably gonna get a refund. Thanks for the replies.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
No nothing unusual happens when im typing. I'm also thinking it's a faulty keyboard.

This never happened on my old keyboard. But I bought this keyboard today and this is what happened. I'm probably gonna get a refund. Thanks for the replies.

Well sometimes there comes situations like that. I'm sorry to be the bearer of the bad news.

This issue is some sort of reverse meaning of Ghosting. Where ghosting doesn't register any key, yours is registering the bios key much like mine where it registers random keys.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

It can also be F keys so it'll be unnoticeable for sure. The only way to confirm that is by using another keyboard.

TRENDING THREADS