How To Change the Main Shared Directory Over DLNA

chidsuey

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
I'm trying to set up my Samsung TV to be able to see my movies on my Windows 8 HTPC. I have it working, but the TV can only see files in the preset sharable libraries (IE Videos, Music, etc), and those are located on the boot drive. I need it to see the files on my media drive instead (where the movies are located) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution

Plex is a great app for home media.

chidsuey

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
13thmonkey: If I understand you correctly, you're saying you can move the official libraries to the media drive. I will try that.

Alabalcho: This does not include them when you open up the homegroup sharing options, and they do not show up on the TV this way.

Failboat: I have! And I know I could get a cheap Android box or the like, but this particular TV is in another part of the house, and if I can make the built in functions on the TV work, that saves money.

Plex is a great app for home media.

Solution

chidsuey

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

You win. I didn't realize Plex we available on Samsung TVs. I had tried Kodi before (because it's what I'm used to) but it wasn't there. This is definitely better than trying to work with Samsung's built in DLNA feature. Thank you!