How to change the number keys on a Fujitsu Lifebook 752?

Matiseli

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
Good day. The above laptop has a Czech keyboard. When pressing the buttons above the line "Q, W, E, R,..." it writes characters like "+, ě, š, č, ř, ž, ý". To write numbers I need to press SHIFT and then the given number key..
I need it the other way around: to write numbers without SHIFT, while those Czech letters with diacritics only after pressing the SHIFT key.
How to achieve this?
I hope you understand.

thank you for answer

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
What you want is a program to remap the keys. Microsoft has a limited ability to do this with there software (below link) but you may have to search for software that can remap the entire keyboard

Reactions: Matiseli

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. If the requirement is not within the character sets, mapping and options available via Microsoft then you will need to remap keys.

Power Toys would be a good choice to start with.

Similar link to above suggestion:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/keyboard-manager

Key (no pun intended) is to plan out the changes/remappings that are necessary. Make a list of the required remappings.

Set up and test a few (4 or 5) of the most critical or important remaps. Ensure that all is working and well. There could be unexpected consequences.

Then complete the remappings and keep notes on what was done, where it was done, and how it was done.

And save it all if possible.

All it may take is one update or glitch and it is "do-over" time.

If manual remapping proves problematic for continued use then you may be able to use Powershell to create a script that does all of the remaps.

And the script can be run anytime the remaps need to be redone or corrected in some manner.

Still, for the time being, work via Power Toys and hopefully that will go well.