[SOLVED] How to change video fps from 24 to 25?

blueeyes_

Prominent
May 27, 2019
I have one video with a frame rate of 24 and another video with a frame rate of 25 which makes their playback speeds different. I need to somehow convert one of the videos to match the other video's fps. I already figured out how to change the fps of the video itself using VLC but don't know how to change the audio as well.

Currently when I use VLC to convert the video and set the fps to 25, the resulting video has the correct fps and the length of the video changes as well but the speed of the audio stays the same. If I tick the "keep original audio track" box, the audio buffers every couple seconds to stay with the speed of the

I asked this on VLC's own forums as well but decided to post here too in hopes of getting help quicker.

One method i have used in the past is to convert the video to an audio file, load it into an audio editing software program like Audacity and select "Effect > Change Tempo". You can then change the run-time of the audio track, slower of faster, by any number of seconds you prefer to match the video files run-time.

blueeyes_

Prominent
May 27, 2019
One method i have used in the past is to convert the video to an audio file, load it into an audio editing software program like Audacity and select "Effect > Change Tempo". You can then change the run-time of the audio track, slower of faster, by any number of seconds you prefer to match the video files run-time.
Converting a copy of the video to an audio file, changing the run-time of the audio track, removing all audio from the original video, changing the fps and then adding the new audio to the new video file would take a lot of work and would be slow to do to multiple files but it's the best advice I've gotten so far... Thank you!

blueeyes_

Prominent
May 27, 2019
FOUND SOLUTION:
I found out that with Adobe After Effects you can use time stretch to reduce the duration of the video which fixes the problem I had!

Solution