[SOLVED] How to change which drive my computer operates on

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
So i recently got a new SSD and it has everything my previous drive has on it. i want my new SSD to run the operating system but when i plug in the older drive to format it windows launches off of it. the only way i can use the new SSD is if the older drive is unplugged and i want to format the older drive.

Solution
when i set the SSD as the top priority boot option, it still boots from the HDD. when i remove the HDD, it repairs itself and launches in the HDD.

Windows should not be running a repair every time, there is something not right there. Does it do that every time you boot without the second drive in or only the first time? If it works without the other drive connected another thing you can do is use an external USB enclosure to format the drive.

Jett_______2131223

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
2QCPtxk.png

Your system is installed in UEFI mode.
First item in boot order has to be Windows Boot manager. You should have 2 Windows Boot manager entries available (one per each drive).
Boot entries with drive model name are legacy boot entries. Those do not work, if your system is installed in UEFI. You should remove them from boot order.