[SOLVED] How to check if 2 memory modules come from single kit without booting?

Solution
pwtRyLR.jpg

While these are DDR3 they did come from a kit, you can see if any of them have sequential numbers. But that doesnt guarantee that they actually came from a kit.

You could technically buy 6 random single sticks and get a run of 6 sequential numbers. At that point i would advise you to play the lottery as you would have better luck then 6 number in a row.

Other then that there is no way to tell even if you boot up a computer to tell if 2 sticks came in a kit.
pwtRyLR.jpg

While these are DDR3 they did come from a kit, you can see if any of them have sequential numbers. But that doesnt guarantee that they actually came from a kit.

You could technically buy 6 random single sticks and get a run of 6 sequential numbers. At that point i would advise you to play the lottery as you would have better luck then 6 number in a row.

Other then that there is no way to tell even if you boot up a computer to tell if 2 sticks came in a kit.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
pwtRyLR.jpg

The only way to know if they came from the same kit is if kept the kit together and didn't mix with other ram over time. Otherwise ram is ram and hope you can find friends amongst the potential enemys, best thing you can do at this point see if the play nice with eachother.

TRENDING THREADS