Question How to check Logitech unifying receiver

Sep 27, 2019
Over the years I've been buying Logitech mouses, therefore I have few Unifying Receivers lying around from previous peripherals. How to check if they working or not? Now today I got me a new mouse and the receiver that come with it works, but only with this particular mouse. If I just plug one of the old ones to my USB port mouse is not reacting. It does not matter if I plug it to the system that runs or if I plug it and then restart the system. It even doesn't runes with my old Logitech master mouse that I'm sure that works cause I just used it the day before but again with the Unifying Receiver that come with the mouse. I thought that any receiver should work if I plug it to USB. In that case, how should I check if the Unifying Receivers I have works, or if I can throw them away?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You need to connect a mouse to a different reciever if it didn't come with it. You can add a new reciever in the software,but it has been a while since i did that so figuring the how needs some testing and mean on your side. Might and likely will need a wired mouse to do that in the software.Look for advanced options.

From what i remember does any receiver work with any mouse,but they have to get connected if they didn't came together so throwing them away isn't necessary.

Sep 27, 2019
I also tried to pair a new device in Unifying Receiver software but it didn't work. Well kind of. The receiver from the newest mouse was able to pick up my other old peripherals, but Receiver from my older mouse which was introduced to the market in 2017(so it's not that old), didn't pick up any of my devices. Receiver from my oldest mouse (Logitech Performance MX) also didn't pick up any devices. I know however that Receiver from Logitech Performance MX works as I did use this mouse with this exact Receiver day before. So now I'm confused, which one works and which one is broken.