[SOLVED] How to check psu integrity?

Nov 12, 2019
Electricity in my place is pretty bad. Sometimes could go down fully without warning while I'm on the computer. I'm quite concerned with my psu since I've heard if it broken it will bring down the whole components as well. My psu is seasonic focus plus gold 550w. And should I buy UPS or just a stabilizer or maybe I'm just worrying too much?

Eximo

Titan
Herald
There really isn't a way to test a PSU that doesn't involve some very fancy equipment.

If it works, it works. You can keep an eye on the voltage output through software or direct measurement. But it really is all about delivering power and smooth DC outputs, which you need, at minimum, an oscilloscope to measure (and a decent one at that)

If you live in a region or area with unstable power, a power conditioning UPS is a good investment to protect your electronics.

If you aren't at least using a surge suppressor / power strip with one, that would be the minimum. Would prevent any stray high voltage from getting in.

Eximo

Titan
Herald
There really isn't a way to test a PSU that doesn't involve some very fancy equipment.

If it works, it works. You can keep an eye on the voltage output through software or direct measurement. But it really is all about delivering power and smooth DC outputs, which you need, at minimum, an oscilloscope to measure (and a decent one at that)

If you live in a region or area with unstable power, a power conditioning UPS is a good investment to protect your electronics.

If you aren't at least using a surge suppressor / power strip with one, that would be the minimum. Would prevent any stray high voltage from getting in.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS