[SOLVED] How to check the health of my pc

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
Hey i am looking for the best way to check my pc health and im not talking about the system diagnostic report thing because i want something a little bit better than that and i want something that can give me a good answer and check if my pc is running at its full potential.

Solution
So you're getting better scores than other folks on the same hardware...but that's not enough to let you know your pc is running well?

I think you're thinking too much. If your scores are good, that means the hardware is working as designed. If your scores are bad, the hardware is not working as designed.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
One thing you can do is use standardized benchmarks...for example, if your primary concern is gaming, you would run 3DMark (Firestrike Extreme, etc.) You would then look at systems similar to yours and compare your scores/results. There are LOTS of these kinds of benchmarks...some for memory, some for disk performance, etc. Many of them also have some way to compare scores.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
Well if something is actually "damaged", your pc probably wouldn't turn on at all, or would be very very obvious (like it takes windows 10 minutes to start or something).

Again, if your scores on these benchmarks are MUCH lower than other folks on the same hardware, then you'd start doing some other testing to find the problem. There's really nothing that you just click a button and it says "your PC is great!" That's what the benchmarks are for.

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
I understand but i have done benchmarks in gta 5 and fortnite and i actually have better fps than the people doing the benchmarks with the same components i have its just that i want to know for sure that everything is working well my pc is running at its full potential

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
So you're getting better scores than other folks on the same hardware...but that's not enough to let you know your pc is running well?

I think you're thinking too much. If your scores are good, that means the hardware is working as designed. If your scores are bad, the hardware is not working as designed.

Solution