[SOLVED] How to check usb storage is increased

Leon120081

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
I bought 2TB 3.0 usb from AliExpress it shows 1.90 TB free storage but its speed is slow i wanna check it's storage is increased or it is original company's default storage

• What is the disadvantage of increasing Usb size?

Solution
Drive speed is a clue, most of them are USB 2 16gb drives with memory controllers that have been lied to on them. That or SD Card readers.

Latest is now 8tb USB drives, the 2tb is flooded now. They moved onto sizes that don't exist so its harder to compare actual prices against.

Its not just ali Express or Wish anymore

Only drives I would trust are from Sandisk or Samsung, and I wouldn't buy them from online stores

The drives are physically too small to hold the memory they say they have. 1tb drives are twice the length right now, and 2tb drives are chunky.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
You most likely fell for a scam. As far as i'm aware, there are not a lot of genuine 2TB pendrives out there and the ones that are out there are from Kingston and Saphirre which cost atleast around 2000$

View: https://youtu.be/Kix3JKn08OU

Even if the drive works, it most likely will not run all your files and will fail at some point or at worst create malware. Unless you are making experiments on it, don't use that drive for your important data and just throw it or get a refund.

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah it’s a scam. You just try to copy 2 TB of information to it and tell us what happens

If you need 2 TB of fast USB storage then you get yourself a fast SSD of some sort and put it in a cheap enclosure and plug it into your USB.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Drive speed is a clue, most of them are USB 2 16gb drives with memory controllers that have been lied to on them. That or SD Card readers.

Latest is now 8tb USB drives, the 2tb is flooded now. They moved onto sizes that don't exist so its harder to compare actual prices against.

Its not just ali Express or Wish anymore

Only drives I would trust are from Sandisk or Samsung, and I wouldn't buy them from online stores

The drives are physically too small to hold the memory they say they have. 1tb drives are twice the length right now, and 2tb drives are chunky.

Last edited:
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sandisk 2tb portable ssd are coming down in price, only $AUD329 now
Sandisk 1tb Dual drive USB 3 are $339

looks at Google shopping for 2TB USB 3 drives...
wow, so many around $14, I really got ripped off buying a 256gb USB 3.1 Samsung Bar Plus earlier this year, it was about $70... meanwhile there is this amazing deal, 3 cents for a 2tb USB 3 drive that if you look at picture on website is USB2.0 according to print on the drive itself, and the 3cents price is for the 8gb drive, not the 32-2tb (whatever that means). the 2tb drive is actually $AUD7 which I totally believe.

Imagine if the size was real and the Transfer speed was really USB 2? that is where I was before I got the 256gb USB 3 and moved all my music off a 64gb flash drive. No one wants to wait days to copy things.

Surprised Samsung don't make USB bigger than 256gb.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:

Leon120081

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
well brothers i found it is very slow and only 98GB space can be used, copy/paste speed is also so slow, any body how to reset it to its original size so it can work properly ?

USAFRet

Titan
well brothers i found it is very slow and only 98GB space can be used, copy/paste speed is also so slow, any body how to reset it to its original size so it can work properly ?
What "original size"? The advertised 2TB? That never existed.

Theres just a couple of smaller 4th rate chips in there, with the firmware flashed to display to you "2TB".
There is not 2TB of actual usable space.