How to check whether the graphic card is compatible with my pc or not

santo007

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
I want to buy a Graphic card to play pc games(Just in medium graphic or at low.I want to play that's my Need)
Graphic card name is "Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 Silent 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card"
I want to buy it on flipkart
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-geforce-en210-silent-1-gb-ddr3-graphics-card/p/itmdwxxfx8hpqbxx?pid=GRCD6F8QVJXQA8RM&srno=b_2&ref=354e277f-c8e6-495c-a5b1-594f471e146a
My sytem configurations
Dude it is too old
intel pentium 4
2.99 ghz processor
1.5 GB ram(1024Mb + 512Mb)
I though this information is sufficient
Please tell me is this graphic card compatible to my pc

Solution
short and simply, even though you didn't list PSU (Power supply) and motherboard, it'll work. That card uses little to no power and the board you have will have either an X16 or an X8 slot, it tends to be the longer slot with the clip on the end.

oxiide

Distinguished

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/specifications
Just over 30 W, which is nothing.

The GT 210 was the lowest-end card of its generation and its nearly 5 years old on top of that. Its not suitable for anything more than plugging a monitor in to, I personally don't think you'll get playable framerates in any recent games at any resolution.

Edit: Agreed with the below post. You don't want to go any cheaper than the R7 250 or maybe 240 if you want playable performance in recent games. At 1080p, you'll probably want an R7 260 at least.

santo007

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

Then which graphic card is best at low price i dont need much graphics i just want the game to run without saying "Your graphic card is not compatible" and playing games without lagging

santo007

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

Then which graphic card is best at low price i dont need much graphics i just want the game to run without saying "Your graphic card is not compatible" and playing games without lagging

Gaidax

Distinguished
Pentium 4 and 1.5GB RAM?

Does not matter what GPU you will buy, that rig won't get you anywhere... Don't even know what to suggest, trying to upgrade it is a massive waste of time anyway, just get some cheap card and maybe you will get to play old games ok.

Does your motherboard even have a PCI-E slot? I think P4 had AGP mostly.

oxiide

Distinguished

Depends on the speed of the card. Its like buying a processor, there's cheap slow ones and expensive fast ones and everything in between.

I edited my above post but I'll reiterate: for gaming I wouldn't recommend anything lower than a Radeon R7 240 at the cheapest. The R7 260 is more realistic for gaming at 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution.

And yeah, you'll definitely lag when the rest of your machine is 10+ years old.

Gaidax

Distinguished

The guy has Pentium 4 with 1.5GB RAM for Christ's sake... Radeon R7 240? Dead weight for him... I am not even sure he actually has PCI express slot in his motherboard.

santo007

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

yeah i have checked my pc by removing panel and i had pci express slot