How to check which apps are running before turning off computer?

rhino415

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
hi,
before shutting down, i close all windows and known apps but upon final shut down sometimes I get the computer saying that 1 app is preventing shut down and needs to be closed first. shortly the computer closes the app and the power goes off. the problem is i never know what that program/app is, prior to this shut down. how do i find out which app this is so I can shut it down before the computer does it automatically? i want to make sure nothing fishy is going on in the background. thanks for the help

Solution
Task Manager might be able to help you, it shows all the running programs and services. You can access it by searching it up, or right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Task Manager".

Hope this Helps!

BlueFireZ

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Task Manager might be able to help you, it shows all the running programs and services. You can access it by searching it up, or right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Task Manager".

Hope this Helps!

Solution

brodiezz__

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
task manager would definitely be the way to go, if anything is fishy you can right click in task manager and "Open file location" then get your antivirus to scan through it or delete it altogether.