How to: Check Your IP Address in JUST about 3 Second

Ihjhewitt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Simply one step away to check your IP address: type into your search box in your browser the following address, and you will see: http://www.whatismyip.com/

I think is pretty easy and much more effective.

Try yours! :love: :love: :love:

Solution
No, what Phil meant was that your address may appear as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx when you check through ipconfig or connection status. So when you need to do anything else that requires outside source to get connected, it needs your public IP address, therefore you can get it from the site you quoted. ;)

Ihjhewitt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

U mean it maybe wrong sometimes? N when is it??

Thanks

jesperloh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
No, what Phil meant was that your address may appear as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx when you check through ipconfig or connection status. So when you need to do anything else that requires outside source to get connected, it needs your public IP address, therefore you can get it from the site you quoted. ;)

Solution

Ihjhewitt

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

hey there, when u attempt to connect a network cam for house monitoring, i assume you are using the public IP address, no matter whether it's LAN or WAN, am i right?

Thanks for your answer anyway.

rethu

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

good post with that i wish to share my idea.I use www.ip-details.com for my site. It is reliable and also fast.You can also have Your Viewers IP Address, and IP Address details(country, ISP, address, etc.) displayed on your website by just copying the code from this site on your webpage.