How to choose a Graphics Card (The Right Way)

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Hello My Dear Fellows , here is something I want to explain to you which many of the top class reviewers and experts do not talk about in "how to choose a graphics card"..
We all know that there are many aspects of a graphics card , and that we should care about memory type , memory bus , the GPU , amount of CUDA Cores , Rops , TMU's , Architecture , Technology support , TDP , Benchmark Results , and many other things yet I see many people asking in 2014 , " Hey Can I get a 9800GTX for gaming , or GTX 460 good for gaming? or they would say " Should I but GTX 295 , Specs pretty good , these type of questions are useless as no matter how much a card might have been beefy in the past , you donot buy it in few years ahead of it.
A golden rule should always be followed that is " Always select a card in the newest series in any graphics card makers collection , no matter if you buy a budget card "
This means that If you want a Budget card or a Top end card , search it always in the newest series , for examples these days GTX 700 Series by nvidia , never you go for a previous generation , always search it in the newest series...
Hope this helps , I am not an expert in explaining , but hope you get the point. :D

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

Your Welcome,
Yeah you are right , this should be also kept in mind, also one should check that his Old CPU and Mobo even if Support a newer graphics card , does not bottleneck..

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

The best you can get for the money "in" the newest series , If you are going for an old GTX 295 , why not go for a GTX 750? :) It has better Direct X and Open GL support along with more technologies as TXAA and FXAA and many more by nVidia and a better architecture... :)

SethJPC

Distinguished
hmm that is a rather extreme way of looking at it but if a card from one gen back came around on a deal and was so much better for money than the later one would you get it?

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

My statements are to solidify one's opinion , one Gen back isn't a great deal , but yet if the budget can grow , I would always go for the newest Gen.

JR1988

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
yes a good card well supported and no issues for ones particular motherboard, and depending what you use it for/graphic intensive tasks etc hopefully your CPU does not bottleneck you.... most of the Nvdia's mentioned here so far are overrated lol, look into the R7/R9 Radeon's much better support/performance/pricing in my opinion, well don't EVER use or get the R7 240 that card is junk lol

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

I know the whole nVidia Cards and everything about them and I don't know ANYTHING about AMD :)

FaqirKhan

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014

Well since I have always been an nvidia guy , I guess I will have to dig the AMD mine ...

TRENDING THREADS