• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

How To How to Choose a Motherboard: A Guide for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

abryant

Asst. Managing Editor
Staff member
May 16, 2016
We're here to help untangle motherboard complexities and guide you to the right model, without blowing your build budget for other key components. Read more here.

Matt Safford
@islandwalker
Matt Safford is Tom's Hardware's Managing Editor. When not writing about tech, he is often walking—through the streets of New York, or at home in front of the 50-inch 4K HDR TV that serves as his PC monitor.

Jan 19, 2020
I've been offered to buy an MSI Z270 M6 motherboard for $120.00 it has the original box but box isn't sealed but the components are still in the manufacturer's sealed bags. I'm buying for my son, he's bulding a computer. I know nothing about this stuff I grew up not knowing what a computer was much less what a microwaves purpose was when they first came out. So i'll appreciate any advice if it's correct thank you.

I've been offered to buy an MSI Z270 M6 motherboard for $120.00 it has the original box but box isn't sealed but the components are still in the manufacturer's sealed bags. I'm buying for my son, he's bulding a computer. I know nothing about this stuff I grew up not knowing what a computer was much less what a microwaves purpose was when they first came out. So i'll appreciate any advice if it's correct thank you.
Start a thread of your own.

But no, i would not pay $120 for a 3 year old motherboard that cannot support the latest, or even last gen processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS