How to Choose a VPN??

Morad Tamer

Reputable
Apr 21, 2016
Hi all
I want to get a good VPN but can't choose
I first thought that I would search for something like "Top 10 VPNs " and take from the first 3 according to multiple sites
However this made me more confused
I want to know what makes a VPN Service good

My needs are
Unlimited bandwidth
and as the ISPs in my country are applying a government imposed nation wide proxy
which also blocked a lot of major VPN services here
NordVPN, TunnelBear and most other Major and well known VPNs (As well as around 400 websites) are blocked
So I need it to work with protocols other than OpenVPN
Also some articles suggest that PPTP and L2TP Protocols are also blocked (But I am not entirely sure)
Unfortunately relying on Tor isn't an option because it is really slow

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long read

I wish you all a happy new year

Solution
The web sites that promote top x VPN's or Best VPN and such are all scams. The top providers they list are the ones with the biggest wallets. So pretty much anything they recommend is great for their pocket book and not necessary any good for you.

I've used OpenVPN in the Middle East and China without issues if it uses one of the obfuscation protocols. I don't know what country you're in but if it works in China it will work anywhere. Check out something like the surfbouncer vpn and what they call their stealth version of OpenVPN. There are other VPN providers that have an obfuscate option but I haven't tried them to report how well they work.

mightybiscuit

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
The web sites that promote top x VPN's or Best VPN and such are all scams. The top providers they list are the ones with the biggest wallets. So pretty much anything they recommend is great for their pocket book and not necessary any good for you.

I've used OpenVPN in the Middle East and China without issues if it uses one of the obfuscation protocols. I don't know what country you're in but if it works in China it will work anywhere. Check out something like the surfbouncer vpn and what they call their stealth version of OpenVPN. There are other VPN providers that have an obfuscate option but I haven't tried them to report how well they work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS