How to choose GPU or graphics card?

bigfatliong

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
I am now in confuse of determine graphics card. Why there is a large price different although the GPUs have the same bit and the same RAM? This make me confused and I am afraid that I'll regret after I choose the cheaper one. Can someone tell how to compare those graphics card?

Solution
The R9 270X is a very efficient card and you would be able to get away with a decent power supply but it does take two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors which rack up to about 140-150w so that would be suitable just make sure it comes with two 6 pins. also it would manage games in 1080p and almost all if not all max settings.

Hope this helps.

Rukeith

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
Always remember that you simply cannot look at the raw specs between two cards and come to a conclusion on which is better, especially when both cards can use different architecture. Look at a price range you're willing to spit out on a GPU, look on youtube or google for relative real game benchmarks (If it's for gaming) to give you some idea on what kind of performance you'd get out of this card, respectively. If you don't like the performance you're seeing, you may need to up your budget.

joshua broadhurst

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
The R9 270X is a very efficient card and you would be able to get away with a decent power supply but it does take two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors which rack up to about 140-150w so that would be suitable just make sure it comes with two 6 pins. also it would manage games in 1080p and almost all if not all max settings.

Hope this helps.

Solution