How to choose new laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

OJS

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Hi
My question relates my ThinkPad T530, but I guess this is a more general question.
After checking the Lenovo support site I found there are 3 compatible batteries. One 6 cells, and two 9 cells.
Than, I searched for compatible batteries. I found that compatible battery does not necessarily have the same specs. for example:
The Battery energy of the Lenovo 6 cell one is 57 Wh and its capacity is 5.2AH.
Whereas I can see in ebay lots of compatible batteries with different current supply. Some even have only 2200mAh.

I don't understand How can it be... How can the machine properly work with half current supply?
What is the influence of that fact?

tx

J.

Solution
Don't worry about the cells too much. As long as the battery puts out the same voltage as your previous one then it is compatible. The higher the mAh of the battery the longer it will last.

P.s. in case they put the capacity of the battery in Ah rather than mAh. 1Ah = 1000mAh

hope that helps :)

OJS

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
OK.
So what exactly does it mean...Shorter work time?
I thought the higher cell number the better, in terms of operation time. Am I wrong?
whats the most important criteria relating the operation time?

Also, if the capacity is lower does it necessarily mean the battery energy will be lower?

abaday789

Honorable
Jul 4, 2014
Don't worry about the cells too much. As long as the battery puts out the same voltage as your previous one then it is compatible. The higher the mAh of the battery the longer it will last.

P.s. in case they put the capacity of the battery in Ah rather than mAh. 1Ah = 1000mAh

hope that helps :)

Solution

ebano

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Before anyone is able to decide what type of battery is best for their laptop power requirements, they should know the differences between batteries and what it is offering. When selecting a battery, the main characteristic that you need to think about the amount of power that can be stored in a battery. This is determined by Watt- Hours (Wh). For longer use per charge, pick a battery with a greater Wh rating.
smartphonecentre

Status
Not open for further replies.