Question How To Clean A Wraith Spire Heatsink.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For the paste, 90%+ isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and coffee filters or microfiber rag you will throw away. Don't soak, just dampen. Works the same on the cpu.

For dusting, I use a paintbrush and vac hose. Remove the fan from the heatsink. Hold the nozzel about 6" away and 'paint' the heatsink. Takes 2 minutes at most. Some ppl use canned air, that works too, just don't hold the nozzel too close or you get condensation buildup, and thats not healthy for the cpu. It also means blowing the dust right back into the pc. Same goes for the fan, just be careful to not let it spin hard as that can damage the bearings and don't hit the blades directly on or they could break with that ice cold air. I usually hit those with the paint brush too. Good for cracks and built up gunk.

Reactions: CountMike

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
To remove the shroud, there's 2 screws under the AMD bumpout logo. Then the shroud just snaps off easy. Unscrew the fan screws.

And don't blame AMD LOL, the Wraith series fans are built FOR AMD by CoolerMaster. At least AMD offers a decent cooler, Intels really suck, and the mounting clips & blocks are far better than the Intel stock pushpin design which always fails or breaks after a while.

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Umm I do not see the two screws under the AMD bumpout logo. They should have just send some instructions on how to do so because I do not know where the screws realy are. I have been spending countless hours figuring out how to open the fan shroud of the CPU cooler.