How to clean Foam ear pads?

Veredaux08

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
soo i have my hd 451 for about 4 months and my room's ac was under service soo i sweat alot and now my earpads smeels like shit , so how do i clean them?

Solution
You could use unscented baby wipes to wipe the ear pads clean if they don't come off. Make sure they do not contain any skin conditioner like aloe.

If the ear pads do come off you can clean them in water with a small amount of liquid laundry soap, let them air dry and then put them back on the headset.

A google search yielded this result: http://www.headphonesunder100center.com/how-to-clean-over-ear-headphones-correctly/
You could use unscented baby wipes to wipe the ear pads clean if they don't come off. Make sure they do not contain any skin conditioner like aloe.

If the ear pads do come off you can clean them in water with a small amount of liquid laundry soap, let them air dry and then put them back on the headset.

A google search yielded this result: http://www.headphonesunder100center.com/how-to-clean-over-ear-headphones-correctly/

Solution

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Option 1: Hand clean with soap and water
Option 2: Ask you mom/sister* to wash with their "delicates", usually in a special cloth bag and special washer/dryer setting. Request no perfume or extra stuff.

*Make sure they are not mad at you or likely to prank you

Veredaux08

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

can i use detergent instead?

I would make sure it was as mild as possible and make sure it gets diluted in the water well. You may need to use very water to get it to dissolve if its a powder. If you do use hot water to get the soap to dissolve then give it 15 minutes to cool so you can comfortably put your hands in the water before cleaning your ear pieces.

Just a reminded make sure the headset its self does not get any water on it or you'll be right back here asking us whats the best replacement for the unit.

Veredaux08

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

ow k thx the ear cups i replaceable soo dont need to worry about that

Veredaux08

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

thx for the suggestion but it's only about 4-5 months old soo no need to be replaced