How to clean hardware dust?

Leuce

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
It's been almost 4 years since I last opened my computer. There is so much dust. How will I clean it? With water it might brake, maybe vacuum?

Solution
use either compressed air cans or your God-given lungs.

Do NOT use water and do NOT vacuum it. Vacuums create static electricity which will fry all of your electronics.
Lol vacuums can cause static electricity but " fry everything"? good lord. the reason not to use a vacuum is because it won't do anything. use your lungs?!?! lmao. you might as well spit at it.

the only way to do it is with canned compressed air or an air compressor

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I have been cleaning computers with a vacuum cleaner for over 20 years. Never damaged one. My vacuum has a plastic end on it. No Static. I clean them with vacuum and paintbrush for a quick clean. But after that long I suggest dissembling the computer inside, (at least take the cpu cooler off, and re-thermal compound it.) You will not get all the dirt in the crevasses with a vacuum. Has anyone here who thinks you will fry your computer with a vacuum ever seen it or even hear of it happening? I have cleaned THOUSANDS of computers that way. Never a mishap.