[SOLVED] How to clean off thermalpaste

Jun 8, 2020
Good morning, please i had a problem with my motherboard so i took my computer to a computer shop and they removed everypart out of the motherboard, in order to dignouse the motherboard, so the problem here is that while they remove the CPU from the motherboard the CPU's thermal paste spilled over and went to the other side of the processor (the yellow part with the pins), i didn't notice it then, but today i was checking on the pieces and i saw that there is a big patch of thermal paste on the back of my processor, bottom right corner, as shown in the picture
View: https://imgur.com/XE6GpdP

So my question is the CPU okay? And if it is, How may i clean this thermalpaste off of it without breaking/ruining it? And how long does the thermalpaste take untill it solidify and i can't remove it from the piece?

Solution
Isopropyl alcohol ought to be labeled as isopropyl alcohol, no just some hand rub that is "alcohol based." The useful information on this bottle would be the ingredients not the logo and first aid advice.

And please do not bump threads. Bumping threads is a good way to get them closed. There are lots of people who need help on lots of issues and your problem is no less or more important than other ones.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Isopropyl alcohol ought to be labeled as isopropyl alcohol, no just some hand rub that is "alcohol based." The useful information on this bottle would be the ingredients not the logo and first aid advice.

And please do not bump threads. Bumping threads is a good way to get them closed. There are lots of people who need help on lots of issues and your problem is no less or more important than other ones.

Reactions: Opsidianepa
Solution