How to clear bios password on toshiba satellite L505

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinicole

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I can't get pass my bios password. I have forgotten it and now can't access anything in my laptop. Please help! I have tried many different things, but none have worked so far.

Solution
(1) Check manual, may indicate what to do if you forget. - Look for "WARNING, if you forget, your hosed - must return to factory. Lost manual, go to tohibia and download.

(2) Contact toshiba support (did not see a chat window so would have to call.

What they may say:
(1) May require re-installing bios firmware. Since you can not get into BIOS you would need a dos/windows based updater. Safest way is always from Bios, but if not available must use alternative

(2) Try what henydiah suggest, BUT I don't think removing CMOS battery will help. Reason to call first. Password may be stored in nonvolatile memory. Remember you are "protecting the system" you do not want it to be easily circumvented.

(1) Check manual, may indicate what to do if you forget. - Look for "WARNING, if you forget, your hosed - must return to factory. Lost manual, go to tohibia and download.

(2) Contact toshiba support (did not see a chat window so would have to call.

What they may say:
(1) May require re-installing bios firmware. Since you can not get into BIOS you would need a dos/windows based updater. Safest way is always from Bios, but if not available must use alternative

(2) Try what henydiah suggest, BUT I don't think removing CMOS battery will help. Reason to call first. Password may be stored in nonvolatile memory. Remember you are "protecting the system" you do not want it to be easily circumvented.

Solution

brinicole

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I have already tried removing the battery mobo. Did not work. I have contacted Toshiba, but I got my laptop at a pawn shop, so I do not have the proof of ownership needed.

chandranseker

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.