[SOLVED] How to clear hardware Reserved memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booegy

Honorable
Oct 21, 2014
I have MB msi 990fxa-gd65 with 16 GB RAM , it was working good
Last time I installed windows I found the RAM shows that installed is 16 GB and useable is 7.9 GB I thought that from the OS verison but I use x64 bit so I change the OS image it is W 7 but still the same issue I tried msconfig
But didn,t work for me
Then I change the OS to W 10 but it is the same installed 16 GB and useable 7.9 GB and reserved 8 GB of RAM to hardware and FYI the MB Doesn't have internal GPU so there's no reason to reserved RAM to Hardware
Can anyone supports me please
What should I do to clear The Reserved memory ?

I have MB msi 990fxa-gd65 with 16 GB RAM , it was working good
Last time I installed windows I found the RAM shows that installed is 16 GB and useable is 7.9 GB I thought that from the OS verison but I use x64 bit so I change the OS image it is W 7 but still the same issue I tried msconfig
But didn,t work for me
Then I change the OS to W 10 but it is the same installed 16 GB and useable 7.9 GB and reserved 8 GB of RAM to hardware and FYI the MB Doesn't have internal GPU so there's no reason to reserved RAM to Hardware
Can anyone supports me please
What should I do to clear The Reserved memory ?
Turn pc off unplugg psu, remove cmos battery from mobo "watch type battery". With psu unplugg and battery removed hold case power button for 30s x2 times Then place battery back in mobo, plug psu back in and bam.

Booegy

Honorable
Oct 21, 2014
Turn pc off unplugg psu, remove cmos battery from mobo "watch type battery". With psu unplugg and battery removed hold case power button for 30s x2 times Then place battery back in mobo, plug psu back in and bam.
I tried all steps but it is the same installed 16 usable 7.9
What next

Booegy

Honorable
Oct 21, 2014
After 8 Hour of work and search websites to find info with test all methods and breck hardware ( CPU Fan) case is closed
First go to this link:
Physical inspiration solves my issue

"Turns out that the installed RAM was in an unsupported config -- On this machine, if you install 2GB chips, they have to be installed in triple, as referenced here (pdf).
Its interesting to note that Windows saw the memory, but it was rendered not usable and marked as "hardware reserved"

quoted from link

Status
Not open for further replies.