[SOLVED] How to clone my SSD and reinstall windows

Mar 14, 2020
So, I have decided to upgrade my storage. Right now I have 2 m.2 SSD from Samsung (970 Evo plus) lying on my table one 500gb and the other 1tb. Right now in my pc, I have a 1tb Samsung 840 SATA SSD that I have most games and stuff installed on, as well as windows (It is also divided artificially into 2 drives, one about 140gb for windows and software and the other part is 790 gigs and that's where I store most of my games) and I also have a 1tb WD blue where I store most of my files and other stuff. Thing is, I want to clone my current 840 SSD onto the two m.2 that I bought and clone my HDD onto my 840 Evo SSD and remove the HDD for external usage or just to sell. I also want to reinstall windows on my m.2 drives because the last installation on my current 840 Evo is completely broken and I get BSOD like 3 times a day for different reasons that are not related to hardware but rather windows itself. But I have heard people say different things about this. Some say that if you clone the drive the windows itself is also cloned so you can not reinstall windows without losing all the data, and some people saying you can install windows on the m.2 and then clone your old SSD onto it, so it will have both a fresh install and all your programs and data will be saved. I am completely dumbfounded by this topic, as I don't know much about this stuff. Also, if any of you could recommend any other ways I can increase the performance of my SSD please say, I have heard about intel raid and stuff.

(Also sorry for bad grammar and stuff, not a native speaker nor could I be bothered to double-check it)

PS: My current pc specs that are inside the pc (excluding the m.2 drives that I want to install) are
10700k 4.9ghz
32gb G skill trident z neo 3800mhz cl14 ram
GTX 1080
Asus Tuf gaming z490 plus Wi-Fi
FSP Aurum PT 1200w
Evga CLC 280mm
NZXT H700 with stock preinstalled case fans

Solution
So right now i have a 840 evo and WD blue both 1tb inside of my pc. I want to install new M.2 drives and clone all stuff from my 840 evo except windows itself because i want a frensh install. Then, once i clone it, i want to clone my HDD onto my 840 evo and remove the HDD completely. In the end i want to have a frensh windows install on one of my m.2 drives, but also clone all my data games and software.
OK...you can't "clone all stuff from my 840 evo except windows itself".
Doesn't work like that.

If you want a fresh windows install on the new drive, then do that.

After, you can reinstall your games on whatever drive you choose, or...

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Disregard ANY RAID thing. Completely.
  2. Please pare down this whole concept. It is confusing on what you have, and what you're trying to do, and what you want the end state to be.
So....

What do you have now? What drives, and what is on them?
What do you want the end state to be?

Mar 14, 2020
  1. Disregard ANY RAID thing. Completely.
  2. Please pare down this whole concept. It is confusing on what you have, and what you're trying to do, and what you want the end state to be.
So....

What do you have now? What drives, and what is on them?
What do you want the end state to be?
So right now i have a 840 evo and WD blue both 1tb inside of my pc. I want to install new M.2 drives and clone all stuff from my 840 evo except windows itself because i want a frensh install. Then, once i clone it, i want to clone my HDD onto my 840 evo and remove the HDD completely. In the end i want to have a frensh windows install on one of my m.2 drives, but also clone all my data games and software.

USAFRet

Titan
Doesn't work like that.

After, you can reinstall your games on whatever drive you choose, or if Steam games, copy (not 'clone') the SteamApps folder from the old drive.

Solution
Mar 14, 2020
Doesn't work like that.

After, you can reinstall your games on whatever drive you choose, or if Steam games, copy (not 'clone') the SteamApps folder from the old drive.
Thank you for the response, guess I will have to do that, It's just I have tons of software that is such a pain in the ass to reinstall. Also, as I said I have windows installed on my 840 Evo, if I install windows on my new boot drive, the 500gb m.2, and then connect the 840 Evo when I boot I choose the m.2 as my boot drive, and will my PC recognize the 840 Evo as a drive because it also has windows installed, will my pc act up or something or not let me copy the software? And one last question, my 840 Evo, like I said, is divided artificially into 2 disks, will I be able to combine them into 1 disk?