How to clone windows OS to an SSD

Feb 21, 2018
So I got an ssd and I want to clone my OS purely because I do not want to install a fresh version of windows, reason being the Intel patch which reduces performance (I know the security flaws but I'm willing to take the risk) anyway I was wondering if there is anyway of cloning just my OS to said ssd.

Solution
If you follow through the threads found on Tom'sHardware you'll understand that the hassle of troubleshooting a system/installation that was cloned equated to the end user just installing the OS from scratch. On another point, mind sharing your specs? You shouldn't be experiencing a performance hit(worth writing home about) to begin with.

Lutfij

Titan
If you follow through the threads found on Tom'sHardware you'll understand that the hassle of troubleshooting a system/installation that was cloned equated to the end user just installing the OS from scratch. On another point, mind sharing your specs? You shouldn't be experiencing a performance hit(worth writing home about) to begin with.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

"just the OS" ? No.
Everything on the original drive? Yes.

What size is the new SSD?
How much total consumed space on the HDD?
What, specifically, constitutes this space?

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Cloning from a HDD onto a SSD means everything found on the HDD is now on the SSD; The next major thing to do may be the removing from the SSD what is no longer needed, programs, utilities, folders, files, and so on. Is that the solution to this situation?