How to combine several physical External USB Hard Drives in one docking device?

Little Hulk

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
Hi,

How do I combine several physical External USB Hard Drives in one device? I have 4 External HDD - 3 * 1 TB and 1 * 500GB, 3 from Seagate and 1 from WD. I want some kind of docking device solution, where I can dock and plug each one of there, and then connect to my desktop for showing up there. I don't want a USB hub based solution for this, but need is to combine all of these External USB HDD together in a compact way. Please help.

I saw ORICO 4 Bay USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station, but don't know if they will accommodate external USB HDD.

Solution
you will have to remove the drives from whatever enclosure they are in now, put them in the docking station and hope that the drives were not encrypted by the enclosure. many USB External drive are encrypted by the enclosure.

another option is to get a SFF PC case, mount all the external drives inside it with a hub and a power bar. one usb cable, one power cord. many drives.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you will have to remove the drives from whatever enclosure they are in now, put them in the docking station and hope that the drives were not encrypted by the enclosure. many USB External drive are encrypted by the enclosure.

another option is to get a SFF PC case, mount all the external drives inside it with a hub and a power bar. one usb cable, one power cord. many drives.

Solution

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished