Question How to *completely* remove Mouse drivers from Windows 10

JefersonEuclides

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Just before explaining the problem: yes I have seen similar content on the internet, even here at Toms Hardware, however I was not successful in fixing the issue, that's why I'm opening a new thread.

About a year ago I bought a new mouse, it's called Lobo V2, it's from the brand of a famous pro player called Fallen from CS:GO, as I enjoy FPS and have been playing CS:GO for a while I decided to give it a chance. http://fallen.gg/mouselobov2/

It has been working perfectly until recently, after I had to reinstall Windows on my machine due to a SSD dying with no apparent reason. After reinstalling Windows I started experiencing situations where the game would freeze for half a second, or maybe a second and then come back working normally, these freezes quickly transformed into the mouse basically dying for half a second ~ one second and then coming back. A couple days went past and now the mouse literally turns off and on again when that happens, and as the days went by it started happening more and more, to the point now that it happens basically every minute, more than once when playing or even outside the game.

I tried all solutions related to this topic I could find:
  • Check energy saving;
  • Uncheck option that lets the driver be shut down (Driver Manager);
  • Reinstalling mouse software (the one made for itself);
  • Removing all related mouse driver (Driver Manager);
  • Use software to look for newer driver versions;
  • User software to check for malfunctioning drivers;
  • Some random registry stuff that I didn't even know what I was doing (but knew they weren't harmful to the system);
  • Test mouse in different machine: tested on my MAC, works just fine (this is convincing me that I have a "local" problem, on my machine, and that maybe the drivers had some problem when installing);
So now what I want to do is completely remove any mouse related driver from my machine, I mean completely because I know Windows saves some driver stuff as a safe backup. I want to be able to remove everything and reinstall them. I did find some tutorials online but they seem to deal with registry stuff and I don't feel safe changing stuff based on random websites.

Also, if anyone knows of anything related that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
By reinstalling, did you recreate the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? If not, you should reinstall the OS after you've created the installer with the utility mentioned above. You might also want to disconnect from the internet so that the OS does not try and source drivers it thinks is right for your peripherals. All it's done is made more headaches than resolve issues.

FYI, disconnect the internet when you're asked to create an account/name the PC. You can reconnect to the internet once you've manually installed the drivers for all components.

Might want to also see if your platform has any BIOS updates pending. You can remove the drivers from Device Manager but please don't use third party apps to manage the drivers. That said, manually install the app for the mouse in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

JefersonEuclides

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
By reinstalling, did you recreate the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? If not, you should reinstall the OS after you've created the installer with the utility mentioned above. You might also want to disconnect from the internet so that the OS does not try and source drivers it thinks is right for your peripherals. All it's done is made more headaches than resolve issues.

FYI, disconnect the internet when you're asked to create an account/name the PC. You can reconnect to the internet once you've manually installed the drivers for all components.

Might want to also see if your platform has any BIOS updates pending. You can remove the drivers from Device Manager but please don't use third party apps to manage the drivers. That said, manually install the app for the mouse in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Well, I remember using the same Pen Drive I used to install the OS previously, before the SSD issue. However two things caught my attention on what you said:
  • First I did have my internet on when Windows was installing;
  • Second I did not have this mouse the first time I installed Windows, but I had it on the last installation;
So what do you recommend? I full OS installation from scratch? Is there anything I could do to just reinstall drivers instead of losing data or bothering with backups?