[SOLVED] How to configure my router

Jul 13, 2020
Hello guys, so basically I have an old router I used with a different ISP and a different country, the router is Huawei's EchoLife HG8245. It has 2 TEL inputs named TEL 1 and TEL 2 and it also has an optical input. My current router when it's reset, it asks for internet account and internet password but on the older router I don't see that option. How do I set it up to make it work? I can post screenshots of the navigation options of the older router. And my current router uses TEL and not optical fiber.Thank you

Jul 13, 2020
Those are PoE telephone output not input.

You likely need a router that has a DSL Modem in it and that devices does not have the abilty
Oh okay. And if I switch to optics and get the right cable would it work?(my apartments cabinet is fiber optic but is copper from the cabinet to my place)

That would be interesting if the ISP would run the fiber.

I suspect it still will not work but this is a question for the ISP. There are multiple methods of passing data over fiber. The device you have uses GPON but even withing GPON there are many different optic modules used. There are actually multiple color lasers being used.

Reactions: Ziad_A
Jul 13, 2020
That would be interesting if the ISP would run the fiber.

I suspect it still will not work but this is a question for the ISP. There are multiple methods of passing data over fiber. The device you have uses GPON but even withing GPON there are many different optic modules used. There are actually multiple color lasers being used.
Interesting how haha. And I think we do have fibers but it's just FTTC. I'll check again to make sure, but is it easier for me to get someone to run the fiber cable if I had FTTB? thank you