Question How to connect 2080 gtx ti to my XL2411 Monitor and get 144hz

rcorado

Honorable
Oct 25, 2015
So i recently bought the 2080 gtx ti but my monitor an xl2411 does not have a display port.
Monitor connections - Connectors: 1 x dual-link DVI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA
Graphic card connectors: HDMI 2.0,3x Display port 1.4, SUB-type c: ( usb 3.1 gen 2, display port 1.4) pd -27w virutal link) 4 connections on this slot;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried dvi-d to hdmi cable to a displayport to hdmi adapter but that didnt work. I was still maxing out on 60hz.
HDMI cable wont work either since my monitor doesnt support it but gcard does : \. What do i need to buy?

rcorado

Honorable
Oct 25, 2015
@rgd1101 - that was going to be my next step today, but some guy told me at a store it wouldn't work so i came to find answers here instead. - Thank you.
@mortemas I think this is going to be my next step. I had seen another thread on a different forum about something about that but didn't really understand why it would work. By any chance do you know the rational behind it?

@rgd1101 - that was going to be my next step today, but some guy told me at a store it wouldn't work so i came to find answers here instead. - Thank you.
@mortemas I think this is going to be my next step. I had seen another thread on a different forum about something about that but didn't really understand why it would work. By any chance do you know the rational behind it?
See section 0 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

The reason why it should work is because it is an active adapter, meaning that you must plug it into a usb port to power the circuitry that converts the signal from Displayport to Dual Link DVI. I believe what's happening inside is that the single data path from the Displayport must be properly separated into the Dual Link DVI format - that's why passive adapters won't work. The downside is that it is $108 and there is probably some latency. This comment from an Amazon customer says it will work:

nic
5.0 out of 5 stars144hz and all its glory
February 4, 2019
Size: AdapterStyle: DVI (Dual)Verified Purchase
Upgraded my computer recently with a new graphics card. It doesn't have a DVI-D port which I knew before I purchased but thought I'd be okay playing games with 60fps until I planned on buying a new monitor later this year. Side note; I was NOT okay. My BenQ XL2411 monitor lacks a DisplayPort so I needed a way to convert DP to DVI-D. Did lots of research and bit the bullet on this $100 adapter. It bothered me no other cables or adapters would do the trick since it seems you need this "active" adapter in order to get you 144hz.

Connected adapter to a USB 3.0 port on the mobo with a Rocketfish DVI-D cable and worked like a charm. Windows 10 picked it right up once I changed Display Setting. Now gaming at 144hz again. No complaints.

PROS:
  • easy to install
  • good quality
  • nice picture with 1920x1080p display @ 144hz
CONS:
- pricey for an adapter

rcorado

Honorable
Oct 25, 2015
@mortemas -Thank you for your help. The Displayport to Dual Link DVI adapter worked. Just got it in plugged it in. And your rational seems to be spot on. I tried to plug it in with out the usb to see if it worked and it didnt. Once i plugged in both the Display port and usb into the graphics card my display showed up and I am now running at 144hz.
Thank you all for your help.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those reading this and having the same problem. Read what @mortemas said and you should be good to go! and make sure you connect both display port and usb like he explained.

TRENDING THREADS