[SOLVED] How to connect 3 fans

Solution
I don’t know how to connect 3 frontal fans
a 4 pin molex cable leading from the power supply will plug into the white molex fan adapter.
the pc does not turn on because the fans are not connected
this would only be true in regards to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard.
these case fans should have nothing to do with booting the system.

looking at your image(top left),
it appears you have not connected the 24 pin power cable from the power supply to the motherboard.
I don’t know how to connect 3 frontal fans
a 4 pin molex cable leading from the power supply will plug into the white molex fan adapter.
the pc does not turn on because the fans are not connected

it appears you have not connected the 24 pin power cable from the power supply to the motherboard.

Reactions: froggx and Adam0ne
Solution

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
"looking at your image(top left),
it appears you have not connected the 24 pin power cable from the power supply to the motherboard."

Amazing you caught that.

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021

Yep, same, already tried but the pc still not booting.

That's and old photo, already tried with the 24 pin connected and the problem persist.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
OK, more info please.

1. I assume you did connect a 4-pin Molex power output from the PSU into the WHITE connector in your photo to provide power to the fans. And that you have connected the main 24-pin cable to the mobo. AND that you also have connected the require power cable from the PSU to the mob socket that feeds the CPU chip. All right so far?

2. So what does happen? How are you trying to start ip - push the front panel power button? Then does NOTHING happen, or do the fans start up very briefly, or what?

Consider this. In every case there are small units called stand-offs under the mobo that support the mobo away from the case's rear panel. These MUST match up exactly with where the mounting holes of the mobo are. You have changed to a new case. That case MAY have arrived with no stand-offs installed, requiring you to do that. OR it may have had then installed, but not necessarily on all the right spots. IF you know all about this, check them. If not, post back here for details. A misplaced stand-off (or none) can cause a short circuit that prevent normal operation.

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
OK, more info please.

1. I assume you did connect a 4-pin Molex power output from the PSU into the WHITE connector in your photo to provide power to the fans. And that you have connected the main 24-pin cable to the mobo. AND that you also have connected the require power cable from the PSU to the mob socket that feeds the CPU chip. All right so far?

2. So what does happen? How are you trying to start ip - push the front panel power button? Then does NOTHING happen, or do the fans start up very briefly, or what?

Consider this. In every case there are small units called stand-offs under the mobo that support the mobo away from the case's rear panel. These MUST match up exactly with where the mounting holes of the mobo are. You have changed to a new case. That case MAY have arrived with no stand-offs installed, requiring you to do that. OR it may have had then installed, but not necessarily on all the right spots. IF you know all about this, check them. If not, post back here for details. A misplaced stand-off (or none) can cause a short circuit that prevent normal operation.

1- Yes all is correct.
2- Yes, I’m trying to push the power button on the front panel, there’s a little blue light, but nothing at all happens.
3- I’m about to check the stand-offs.

A little more info, yesterday I had to use my old case so I can use the PC, its weird because I put everything in the exact place and it works, but when swich to the new case putting everything the same place it doesn’t work..

JJJJere

Commendable
Apr 13, 2021
UPDATE:
The new case doesn't have the same cables for the front panel that the old one, for example Reset Sw is not on the new one, that may be making some problem?

UPDATE 2:
Ok, so already solve the problem, it was the front panel connector..it was hidden in some sort of adaptor or something like that and when I connected, pum, it turn on !

Thank you for all the responses.