[SOLVED] How to connect 5.1 audio to Z390 Aorus Pro

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Hi,
I just bought some 5.1 z607 speakers from Logitech and I'm not sure how to connect them to my motherboard, a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi. In the motherboard manual I have seen these instructions:
Screenshot-2021-01-08-00-17-16-798-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg

In those instructions it says that I should use the center/subwoofer, rear and line out connections, which I see on my motherboard:
d4c919dd-5.jpg

The problem is that looking at the cables that come with the speakers I would say that I need 6 connections, and the instructions for the speakers seem to indicate the same:
Screenshot-2021-01-08-00-49-33-249-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg

So how should I connect it? Wouldn't I need three 3.5mm to RCA wires to connect it as instructed on the motherboard?

Thanks for the help.

Solution
I see. I missed something.

I just checked the speakers on google.

Everything plugs on the Sub woofer. The only cable left at the end is the 1 3.5mm jack that goes to the Line Out of your board.

That audio system has Bluetooth and your board has Bluetooth. I guess you don't even have to plug that in your PC if you really wanted.
You just need to plug H, I and L in the 5.1 setup.

The H is the C/Sub wire. You plug it in the C/Sub on the board.

The H are the rear speakers to you plug that in the rear audio jack.

The L is the front speakers.

Only 3 wires should be left at the end to plug in your PC. The rest of the wires connect to each other on the speakers/sub.

5.1 = 2 front + 1 center + 2 rear + sub.

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
You just need to plug H, I and L in the 5.1 setup.

The H is the C/Sub wire. You plug it in the C/Sub on the board.

The H are the rear speakers to you plug that in the rear audio jack.

The L is the front speakers.

Only 3 wires should be left at the end to plug in your PC. The rest of the wires connect to each other on the speakers/sub.

5.1 = 2 front + 1 center + 2 rear + sub.
Yes, that's what I had thought, but my question is with which cables I make those three connections. If you look at the wires that come with the speakers, they are:
One of 3.5mm to RCA.
Three from RCA to RCA.

So I can't use the 3.5mm to RCA because there is only one and I would need three. But looking at the RCA to RCA cables I see that each one of them has 4 connections: two go to the subwoofer but, what about the other two? If the other two go to the motherboard then I would need 6 connections on the motherboard, because that would be 3 cables with two connections each.

So, that's my question, I don't see how I can connect it correctly.

Thank you very much for your help!

Everything plugs on the Sub woofer. The only cable left at the end is the 1 3.5mm jack that goes to the Line Out of your board.

That audio system has Bluetooth and your board has Bluetooth. I guess you don't even have to plug that in your PC if you really wanted.

Solution

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017

By bluetooth it works but by cable connecting only the auxiliary does not work in 5.1 mode, but in 2.1 (the front and rear speakers sound like one, both left and right). What I see I need are three 3.5mm to RCA cables, which are not included with the speakers, and connect them to the three outputs specified in the motherboard manual.

In any case thank you very much for your help! It is solved.

By bluetooth it works but by cable connecting only the auxiliary does not work in 5.1 mode, but in 2.1 (the front and rear speakers sound like one, both left and right). What I see I need are three 3.5mm to RCA cables, which are not included with the speakers, and connect them to the three outputs specified in the motherboard manual.

In any case thank you very much for your help! It is solved.

Yep you are right. Look at this video. You really need 3 cables. Since your board has bluetooth might as well use bluetooth :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_VE8IG3dJU