Question How to connect 5V 3Pin to a motherboard without 5V 3Pin?

Dec 7, 2022
I recently bought EZDIY-FAB ARGB Fans. The controller of this product has a 5V 3 Pin connector. But my motherboard doesn't have a 5V 3 Pin header. How can I control the ARGB using the software?

Question 1) Is there a 5V 3Pin to USB adapter on the market?
Question 2) Can I connect the fans to a Cooler Master ARGB controller which connects to the motherboard using USB? So will a setup like this EZDIY Fans(6 pin connector) -> EZDIY controller(5V 3 Pin connector) -> Cooler Master controller (USB)-> motherboard work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please mention the make and model of your motherboard. Please also mention the ARGB devices that you're trying to work with. Coolermaster have a number of ARGB controllers in their portfolio(both existing and discontinued), which one do you have?

1429a78b-d04d-465d-bc43-35c6c0978e32.__CR0,0,4000,2474_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Seems they've given a diagram of how to tether all of the fans on that hub, but they didn't state that without the ARGB connection on the board, you're left relying on the hub/remote control to manage the colors on the fans.

Dec 7, 2022
Thank you for your reply.

My motherboard model is DELL 0T2HR0. It's the default motherboard inside a Dell XPX 8930. This board does not have a USB 2.0 header, nor any 5V 3-pin or 12V 4-pin header.

I have 7 EZDIY Fans, 3 Corsair RGB fans from the Corsair 5000X, a Ventro V5 CPU cooler ARGB Fan. I managed to use a USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter to control the 3 Corsair fans. The controller from EZDIY is not working properly. Need a solution to connect the remaining 7 fans to the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS