[SOLVED] How to connect a headset and speakers to the back panel jacks?

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hello,

I want to connect both my Razer Kraken headset (with mic) and my speakers to the back panel, and I just don't know how to connect and define both of them.
I'm using Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING mobo.
The headset has 2 jacks (red and green) and the speakers have only 1 green jack.

Thank you for your help

Solution
I manage to get both of them working - headset as front speaker out (green jack) and speakers on blue as front speaker too. They are working as one so I have to turn off the volume on on of them. I guess I have to use an external USB sound card.
the speakers will obviously go into the green jack, there may be a headphone jack on the speakers for the headset, Mic goes into the red jack. alternatively you can have lineout (usually black) connected to the speakers and put the headphones in green.

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
These are old speakers, then have no jacks. I tried what you offered with the lineout, but I don't know how to define it with the sound controls. They are recognised as rear speakers, but emit no sound.

Last edited:

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I manage to get both of them working - headset as front speaker out (green jack) and speakers on blue as front speaker too. They are working as one so I have to turn off the volume on on of them. I guess I have to use an external USB sound card.

Solution