Question How to connect a sound bar up to a PC system and PS4?

Johnf08

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Hi All,

I have just built my own high end gaming pc and have just started looking into getting a sound bar for the setup (Samsung Q80), but im not sure how im going to be able to connect the sound bar up to my pc and also my PS4 since my monitor (Samsung c49rg90) doesnt have an HDMI ARC port . The motherboard that i have in my pc is the Asus Rog Maxamius Formula XI. my plan was to connect up to the pc with the optical cable and then use bluetooth for the ps4 along side an adapter to make this possible. but i would prefer to avoid bluetooth if possible as ive heard that this affects the quality of the sound. so if anyone has any other options/ ideas i would be very grateful to hear them. If you have any questions about the equipment i have in my setup that may help us come to a conclusion please feel free to ask.
cheers
John

Q80 Soundbar has HDMI pass through.
2 HDMI in ports. Connect PC to one port, PS4 to the other port.
Connect your monitor to HDMI out port.

image.php

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-hw-q80r-soundbar-review.16270

Johnf08

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Q80 Soundbar has HDMI pass through.
2 HDMI in ports. Connect PC to one port, PS4 to the other port.
Connect your monitor to HDMI out port.

image.php

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-hw-q80r-soundbar-review.16270
Hi

Thanks for the reply, that sounds much better than my idea. So just to confirm, with the setup you mentioned above i wouldn't loose any of the audio quality and would still be able to use dolby atmos feature? and i take it i would also have to connect up my graphics card to the monitor via displayport cable and the PS4 up to the monitor with another HDMI cable? sorry if i'm asking any stupid questions kind of new with all this stuff.

Cheers
John

i would also have to connect up my graphics card to the monitor via displayport cable and the PS4 up to the monitor with another HDMI cable?
Dolby Atmos should be fine.
You do not connect pc or ps4 to monitor directly.
You use HDMI pass through feature of the sound bar (video signal is passed through to monitor, audio signal is sent to speakers).
Monitor is connected only to HDMI out port on sound bar.

Reactions: Johnf08