Sep 13, 2022
Hello People :)
Lately i purchased 3x Masterfan 120 Halo from Coolermaster which came with an ARGB Controller. (Please check the images). Unfortunately later i got informed that my Motherboard ( DS3H B450M rev.1) doesn't have ARGB header.

My questions are:
  • Will there be any damage if i connect my fans with the PWM splitter to my Mobo, power my fans through the controller via SATA from my PSU and connect the controller via USB to the internal USB ports ?
  • Will i be able this way to control the lights through a software like Masterplus+ ? If not, which other way you guys know?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Can't answer on your questions, but first check to see if your mobo has headers named something like "Rainbow RGB," or something else with 'rainbow' in it.
When I built my new pc, I had found that my particular mobo had these "rainbow" headers for ARGB and that it was just a strange, different branding name.

Reactions: Samuelk27
Sep 13, 2022
Can't answer on your questions, but first check to see if your mobo has headers named something like "Rainbow RGB," or something else with 'rainbow' in it.
When I built my new pc, I had found that my particular mobo had these "rainbow" headers for ARGB and that it was just a strange, different branding name.

Actually my Mobo doesn't support ARGB so there's no header like that :/.
I managed to connect the fans through the ARGB controller which came with the fans.

The power comes from SATA through the controller, the fans are connected with eachother with a PWM splitter direkt to the mobo and the controller have an Extra USB cable which i could connect to internal USB port. With the help of the USB connection the software Masterplus+ could recognise the fans and i could change the colours.
Thank you anyway :)