how to connect CCTV DVR to a wireless bridge

May 25, 2018
i have my Night Owl DVR in the living room but my internet modem is in study room connecting to my computer. I brought this ASUS RT-N12 3-in-1 wireless router and try to use it as a wireless bridge for my DVR. Can you please guide me how to set it up?
Thank you

Solution
You need a device supporting "Wireless Bridge" functionality, and as per the specs, this device supports "router", "access point" and "repeater" modes. Try "repeater" mode, if you're lucky, you'll get Internet access on the LAN ports - page 15 of the manual suggests so.

Important note: I truly believe that what you call "Internet modem in my room" is really a router/gateway, and not just a modem. Modems allow for single device connection (single PC, or router) only.
You need a device supporting "Wireless Bridge" functionality, and as per the specs, this device supports "router", "access point" and "repeater" modes. Try "repeater" mode, if you're lucky, you'll get Internet access on the LAN ports - page 15 of the manual suggests so.

Important note: I truly believe that what you call "Internet modem in my room" is really a router/gateway, and not just a modem. Modems allow for single device connection (single PC, or router) only.

Solution
May 25, 2018

Thank you. You mean i can set the ASUS RT-N12 as ethernet bridge? Can you please show me how to configure it as wireless ethernet bridge?

TRENDING THREADS