How to Connect Ethernet Switch to a Wireless Router (Wirelessly)??

May 22, 2018
I just moved into a rental house; the landlord kept the internet service in his name and won't allow me to drill or run cables (long story). The service he has is the best and fastest available in my area. I work from home and have my office set up with a desktop computer, printer, scanner, and other attachments on an ethernet switch, which normally just plugs into a modem via ethernet cable and all is well. In this case the landlord only has a Netgear (looks old) wireless router, and provided me with the network name and password. The router is located in the garage apartment (I can access it, but can't run a wire to it). Laptops connect wirelessly without a problem and the service speed is good.

I tried a Dodocool DC38 in every configuration, and still can't get an internet connection on my desktop. I feel like it may do it, but I can't figure it out. The ethernet switch works fine (I can print/scan), and the desktop communicates with the DC38 via LAN through the switch, because I can pull up the DC38 webpage on my browser. I've tried the various settings, and tried to put in the landlords wifi network name and password with no internet connection made. I struggled with it for about 8 hours yesterday.

Surely there must be a plug and play option. How can I connect my ethernet switch wirelessly to this wifi router?

Solution
If I am following the situation correctly you will need an Access Point to communicate with the Landlord's router.

E.g.:

ISP ---> Landlord's router ~~~wireless ~~~> Your Access Point ----Ethernet cable----> Switch ----> your devices.

And you have the "Dodocool DC38" in place as the Access Point - correct? With the switch connected to a LAN port on the DC38 via a known working Ethernet cable.

Ralston18

Titan
If I am following the situation correctly you will need an Access Point to communicate with the Landlord's router.

E.g.:

ISP ---> Landlord's router ~~~wireless ~~~> Your Access Point ----Ethernet cable----> Switch ----> your devices.

And you have the "Dodocool DC38" in place as the Access Point - correct? With the switch connected to a LAN port on the DC38 via a known working Ethernet cable.

Solution