[SOLVED] How to connect GTX 1080 to my laptop?

Jan 13, 2019
Hey there, I've bought a GTX 1080 and I was wondering how to connect it to my laptop. I've a USB port, HDMI, and USB 3.1, with no ThunderBolt at all. My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad 320, and is perfectly capable of running any game at 1080p except for its dedicated graphics card. It's an AMD Radeon 530. It stinks. But I want to know if there's a way to connect my new GTX 1080 to my laptop. I've heard of methods using something M.2 or express port or PCIe. But I've no idea what any of those mean and I'd really try to avoid physically opening the laptop. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
Return the graphics card and get your money back. You'd need a mPCIE to PCI-Ex16 riser cable, an external monitor, and a power supply for the GTX1080. *IF* your laptop supports it, you would need to open it up to connect the riser cable to the mPCIE port.

This is why you don't buy laptops for gaming unless you can afford top of the line units and don't mind replacing them every couple of years.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Return the graphics card and get your money back. You'd need a mPCIE to PCI-Ex16 riser cable, an external monitor, and a power supply for the GTX1080. *IF* your laptop supports it, you would need to open it up to connect the riser cable to the mPCIE port.

This is why you don't buy laptops for gaming unless you can afford top of the line units and don't mind replacing them every couple of years.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS