Question How to connect LAN Link/Act LED cable?

flobernd

Commendable
May 17, 2018
Hi there,

the case I'm using right now provides a cable (similar to POWERSW, RESETSW, ...) to connect the LAN Link/Act LED to the mainboard. The mainboard manual provides the following information:

CAaxa.png

Sadly the cable from the case is not labeled (well .. it says "NIC 1, 2, 3...") so I don't know how to connect it correctly. It has the little "ground" arrow marker on one side but that's it.

My question:
Should I connect the "ground" to the LAN_LINK or to the LAN_ACT?

I know I can't damage the LEDs by connecting it the wrong way, but any advice would be great anyways.

Best regards

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
The mainboard manual provides the following information: - its missing from your OP.

I've never seen a motherboard with a connection to a case lan activity light. Usually there is a light on the motherboard ethernet socket on the back I/O panel.

Why do you want one on your case?

flobernd

Commendable
May 17, 2018
The mainboard manual provides the following information: - its missing from your OP.

The image is still visible for me. It shows the pinout of the connector, but only refers to LAN#LINK and LAN#ACT. I wondering which one is the "ground" here ..

I've never seen a motherboard with a connection to a case lan activity light. Usually there is a light on the motherboard ethernet socket on the back I/O panel.

Why do you want one on your case?

It's a server mainboard and a rack-mountable server case. Not that easy to take a look at the back of the rack after the server is mounted. Having these LEDs in the front can actually be useful in some cases.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
What make and model motherboard?

Can you provide a link to the manual? I still can't see anything that you've posted.
Can you contact the motherboard manufacturer and get any help?