Question How to connect monitor.

Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I 'm looking to buy a new monitor. Now I think it's pretty hard to find a good one. I was looking at the BenQ Zowie XL2411P. My GPU doens't have a displayport but it does have DVI-D (dual link), hdmi and VGA. Do any of these work to make the monitor run at 144Hz Full HD? Also does anyone have another suggestion for a - around $200 - monitor?

Hello, I 'm looking to buy a new monitor. Now I think it's pretty hard to find a good one. I was looking at the BenQ Zowie XL2411P. My GPU doens't have a displayport but it does have DVI-D (dual link), hdmi and VGA. Do any of these work to make the monitor run at 144Hz Full HD? Also does anyone have another suggestion for a - around $200 - monitor?
You could use Dual-link DVI. But I would recommend getting a monitor that supports 144 Hz over HDMI for increased flexibility. ViewSonic XG2401 or AOC G2590PX would be a good option.

Apr 29, 2019
You could use Dual-link DVI. But I would recommend getting a monitor that supports 144 Hz over HDMI for increased flexibility. ViewSonic XG2401 or AOC G2590PX would be a good option.
So why shouldn't I buy BenQ Zowie XL2411P and run it with DVI-D in Full HD at 144Hz? Because it looks like a solid monitor and I don't really know about the two you suggested? What are the differences? Because when I look at the specs they all ook the same.

So why shouldn't I buy BenQ Zowie XL2411P and run it with DVI-D in Full HD at 144Hz? Because it looks like a solid monitor and I don't really know about the two you suggested? What are the differences? Because when I look at the specs they all ook the same.
The XL2411P is a fairly old model. It doesn't have FreeSync support and is limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. There's just no reason to get it when there are monitors for the same price which do not have these limitations.

Apr 29, 2019
The XL2411P is a fairly old model. It doesn't have FreeSync support and is limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. There's just no reason to get it when there are monitors for the same price which do not have these limitations.
Okay thank you! I'm now looking at these and found some information.

MSI OPTIX MAG241C - 144 Hz 1080p using DP or HDMI

AOC C24G1 - 144 Hz 1080p using DP or HDMI

Are these monitors any good and which one would be the best? Or are these monitors not worth getting?

Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I 'm looking to buy a new monitor. Now I think it's pretty hard to find a good one. My GPU doens't have a displayport but it does have DVI-D (dual link), hdmi and VGA. I am currently looking at these:

MSI OPTIX MAG241C

AOC C24G1

Are these monitors any good and which one would be the best? Or are these monitors not worth getting? Does anyone have another suggestion for a monitor that's around $200?

TRENDING THREADS