Question how to connect my Huion Kamvas 22 plus to my desktop ??

Sushrutpat

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2017
i want to buy a huion kamvas 22 plus drawing tablet . my question is how can i connect it to my desktop , my graphic card has only 1 hdmi port which is connected to my monitor , my motherboard also has a hdmi port , So should i use the motherboard port along with the monitor connected to my graphiccs card or remove my monitor cable and use that port with the huion tablet ???

kanewolf

Titan
i want to buy a huion kamvas 22 plus drawing tablet . my question is how can i connect it to my desktop , my graphic card has only 1 hdmi port which is connected to my monitor , my motherboard also has a hdmi port , So should i use the motherboard port along with the monitor connected to my graphiccs card or remove my monitor cable and use that port with the huion tablet ???
What graphics card do you have? It may be possible to use an adapter cable.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am not clear why you ask this question. I read through the manual for this device. What I see is this:
  1. The tablet itself functions as a display or monitor. But it also automatically relays that same image to your regular monitor also connected.
  2. The only connections to the tablet are:
(a) a power input from a supplied module.
(b) a cable from the tablet to a computer USB Type C port. The cable provided is a "3-in-1" so that you CAN use a standard USB 3.2 Gen1 port, and do NOT require an HDMI port IF you have that USB port available. Now, USB 3.2 Gen 1 can cause confusion because the NAMES of these have changed a few times even though the actual functions have not. The original USB 3 port and system was renamed USB 3.0 with a VERY few improvements; then it became USB 3.1, then the entire system was renamed as USB 3.2 with "Gen n" additional suffixes. The Gen 1 is the same as previous USB 3; the Gen 2 is a faster ports system, the newest Gen 2x2 is even faster. But you need only the Gen 1, same as earlier USB 3 systems. NOTE that the USB people say they recommend that you use the new smaller Type C connectors on all USB 3.2 systems, BUT that the older wider Type A connector system WILL work for the slower Gen 1 versions. You just need to be sure that this Type A socket really is a USB3 one (normally coloured blue), not the older USB 2. It is not clear from the web page and manual, but to me the photo of the "3-in-1" cable appears to have on one end BOTH a Type C and an older Type A connector, so you may be able to use that directly into a Type A socket. If I'm wrong on that, you may need a simple adapter to convert the Type C plug on the end of the supplied 3-in-1 cable to fit your Type A port.
(c) a second USB cable (not specified whether Type C or Type A, should not matter) used only to plug in the PEN to recharge its battery.

So, if you have any type of USB 3 port on your desktop, you can use that to connect the tablet to your computer using the 3-in-1 cable supplied, and possibly a simple adapter to change the connector configuration. Then you don't need an HDMI connection.