[SOLVED] how to connect my old gpu to make GPU accelerated PhysX

Sep 2, 2019
i got 2 monitors.. do i need to connect 1 monitor to the secend gpu ( wich is older) or i need to connect it to 1 monitor? or connect all the 2 monitors to the older gpu? means 4 HDmi cables, 2 cables for the main gpu and 2 other for the older?
please answer

Solution
i got rtx 2070 regular.. and no, there is no cards that can handle it without losing tons of FPS.. maybe only 2080ti. i want to use gtx 970 for physx
losing frame rate is to be expected when using demanding setting. when i say modern nvidia GPU can handle GPU PhysX without the need of dedicated PhysX card i mean they can handle it with acceptable performance not without performance penalty. because the reality is adding a second GPU dedicated solely for PhysX processing does not always guarantee better performance. this is my experience before when using GTX460 with GTS250 as dedicated PhysX processing. when running the benchmark for batman arkham city where there is heavy GPU PhysX being used there is no frame rate improvement...

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
The cards have to be the same or really close to the same or the slower card will bottleneck the faster card. So if you use a gtx 970 as your dedicated physx for your rtx 2070 you'll probably have major fps drops when phsyx is being processed because the 2070 has to wait on the 970. Just use the 2070 and set the physx to low or medium if you want to use it.

Think of it like an hour glass where the tapered center is the 970, the top is the physx and the bottom is the 2070.

Or a better example.

i got rtx 2070 regular.. and no, there is no cards that can handle it without losing tons of FPS.. maybe only 2080ti. i want to use gtx 970 for physx
losing frame rate is to be expected when using demanding setting. when i say modern nvidia GPU can handle GPU PhysX without the need of dedicated PhysX card i mean they can handle it with acceptable performance not without performance penalty. because the reality is adding a second GPU dedicated solely for PhysX processing does not always guarantee better performance. this is my experience before when using GTX460 with GTS250 as dedicated PhysX processing. when running the benchmark for batman arkham city where there is heavy GPU PhysX being used there is no frame rate improvement at all. my frame rate still end up being the same as when running the GPU PhysX on my GTX 460.

and ultimately there is no longer any new games integrate GPU PhysX. i think Batman Arkham Knight (2015) is among the last game that use it. for majority of games they just use CPU PhysX. CPU PhysX is very good now due to better multi threaded support and do all the processing on the CPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS