Question How to Connect Nintendo Wii to New TV?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. I recently bought a new smart TV however it doesn't have a RCA input that the Wii output uses (my tv has 2 HDMIs and 1 eARC HDMI). I looked into converters that would convert the RCA input to a HDMI output for my (43" TV) however on almost every different converter there was at least 2 people who had issues with the Quality, Sound, etc... There was one converter that popped up a few times on retailers and reviewers however that had both a 3.5mm audio output and HDMI output however I question if due to the 3.5mm jack would the HDMI still carry audio through and what would you recommend I use to convert the signal to a HDMI output?
link to converter mentioned: here

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Converter should do alright. I had n64 Hdmi modded and that uses a converter and there's no lag.

As for audio if you found one with also 3.5mm is both should play simultaneously. There wouldn't be a button to toggle between audio outputs so can assume it should do both same time.

however on almost every different converter there was at least 2 people who had issues with the Quality,
Well the Wii puts out an 480/520p signal and that converter just stretches this out to 1080p it's not going to look like a nice clean 1080p picture.
And on a 43" screen...you will see every pixel as big as a brick.

You would need a good fast upscaler and those are really expensive.

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Well the Wii puts out an 480/520p signal and that converter just stretches this out to 1080p it's not going to look like a nice clean 1080p picture.
And on a 43" screen...you will see every pixel as big as a brick.

You would need a good fast upscaler and those are really expensive.
If I bought a smaller screen (such as a 23" or 27" monitor) would the picture quality be better due to less upscaling requirement?

If I bought a smaller screen (such as a 23" or 27" monitor) would the picture quality be better due to less upscaling requirement?
The upscaling would be the same (still 1080p) but the pixels would be smaller physically so it would look a bit better from the same distance.
Try it out on the display you have first before deciding on anything, it might look good enough to you.