[SOLVED] How to connect RGB fans?

Aug 24, 2020
Hey i really need some help if anyone knows. I'm trying to connect my 2 rgb fans at the front of the case to the mobo. So for the power and the RGB (I think its ARGB? Sorry I'm a noob) they have 3-pin connectors but there's no 3-pin things on the mobo.

For the RGB - (see pic) There's one for gigabyte and one for the other brands as it's labeled on them. But the only one that fits anywhere on the mobo is the right one but my mobo is gigabyte. So are they labeled wrong or do i need to buy a controller to make this work or am i just missing something? The case is the CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB which has a version that comes with the rgb controller but mine didn't.

Thanks in advance.

View: https://imgur.com/5wHH33f

Solution
The power plug, even if 3 pins, can go into any four-pin power plug on the board.

The LED plug will need to go into a lighting hub. The lighting hub will then connect via USB header to the board. That’s basically how my build just went. My case came with the lighting hub but you can get one aftermarket and stick/screw it into the case.

brianz

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
The power plug, even if 3 pins, can go into any four-pin power plug on the board.

The LED plug will need to go into a lighting hub. The lighting hub will then connect via USB header to the board. That’s basically how my build just went. My case came with the lighting hub but you can get one aftermarket and stick/screw it into the case.

Solution
Aug 24, 2020

Thank you for the response! I was afraid I'd have to buy something extra, I don't get why a version of the case without the controller even exists. Do you know what could happen if I plugged the ASROCK/ASUS/MSI RGB connector to the mobo even if it's GIGABYTE? 🤔